Client Accounting Services
Since 2019, Chelsea has been a valuable member of the Cole Gavlas team. In her capacity as a bookkeeper, she serves clients in the firm’s Accounting Department. She is well versed in payroll, taxes, accounts payable, accounts receivable, bank reconciliations, and more. Prior to joining Cole Gavlas, Chelsea spent seven years working as the office manager and bookkeeper at an analytical testing company.
A positive professional, in her work Chelsea strives to take good care of everyone with whom she interacts. She chose to pursue a career in the accounting field because of her love for numbers and accuracy. She attributes her career success to the fact that she does what she loves.
Born in Grayling, Michigan, Chelsea spent the first part of her childhood living on a farm with cows, pigs, chickens, geese, pheasants, and more. She later moved to Novi, where she spent the rest of her childhood. Chelsea now lives in Kalamazoo, which she loves for its variety of neighborhoods, good communities, and regular fun events. She has two dogs and a cat. In her free time, Chelsea’s hobbies include camping, boating, yoga, reading, and dancing.
A few fun facts about Chelsea:
- She is a vegetarian (and mostly eats vegan).
- Her favorite quote is, “Try to imagine a life without timekeeping. You probably can’t. You know the month, the year, the day of the week. There is a clock on your wall or the dashboard of your car. You have a schedule, a calendar, a time for dinner or a movie. Yet all around you, timekeeping is ignored. Birds are not late. A dog does not check its watch. Deer do not fret over passing birthdays. Man alone measures time. Man alone chimes the hour. And, because of this, man alone suffers a paralyzing fear that no other creature endures. A fear of time running out.”
- Chelsea’s favorite author is Mitch Albom.
- Western Michigan University
- Kalamazoo Valley Community College (2018)