A valued member of the Cole Gavlas team, Erik has been with the firm since 2016. He currently serves as a staff accountant and works with clients in a variety of industries, including manufacturing, medical, and non-profit. He assists on both compliance and business advisory work.
A dedicated and inquisitive professional, Erik seeks to add value with every action. He chose to pursue a career in accounting due to his interest in both numbers and business. Erik credits his career success to a combination of perseverance and commitment.
Erik currently lives in Kalamazoo, Michigan with his wife Janice and their two children, Amelia and Harrison. He enjoys the area for its proximity to Lake Michigan and abundance of good nature trails.
A few fun facts about Erik:
- Erik’s hobbies include camping, hiking, kayaking, and fishing.
- Prior to graduating from college, Erik had already joined the Cole Gavlas team.
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Michigan Association of CPAs (MICPA)
- Western Michigan University
- Bachelor of Business Administration in Accountancy (2018)
- Summa Cum Laude