Accounting Services Leader
Since 2002, Julie has been a valuable member of the Cole Gavlas team. As a staff accountant, she works primarily with construction and manufacturing clients, performing advisory services, budgeting, and planning. She also offers QuickBooks services, from setup to troubleshooting and more. In addition to her accounting duties, Julie is involved in the firm’s college recruiting efforts and helps to both oversee and mentor firm staff.
A dependable and consistent professional, Julie has always been good with numbers. She chose to pursue a career in accounting because it came naturally to her. Julie believes that when you put your clients first and make sure that they are successful, it will result in success for you, too. She credits her success as an accountant to her ability and willingness to listen.
Raised in Kalamazoo, Michigan, Julie now lives in Portage with her husband, Steve, and their two children, Jacob and Katie. She loves the area because of its proximity to Lake Michigan and, in her own words, because “summer here is awesome.” Outside of the office, when she’s not busy with her family, Julie enjoys weight training, going to the beach in the summer, and she loves to go for walks and scooter rides with her kids.
A few fun facts about Julie:
- Julie once hiked the Grand Canyon rim to rim.
- Shaken by Tim Tebow is Julie’s favorite book—she loves sports and thinks that Tebow has a great outlook on life.
- Julie’s favorite quote is, “Your body is not Amazon Prime, it’s not going to show up in two days.”
- Construction Financial Management Association (CFMA)
- Western Michigan University
- Bachelor of Business Administration (2001)
- Master of Science in Administration (2002)