Senior Tax Accountant
Cole Gavlas, PC is now seeking an experienced tax accountant to join our growing team.
The Senior Tax Accountant will have primary day-to-day responsibility for reviewing, research, training staff, and be involved in networking and business development activities. This will include direct responsibility for:
- Maintaining and updating Quality control process (reviewing tax returns)
- Researching and consulting on various tax matters; utilizing tax-related software
- Training and supervising staff accountants
- Participating in client presentations and marketing activities
If you’re interested in this long-term opportunity for an experienced tax professional, please apply today!
- CPA with at least 4 years of experience
- Strong knowledge and understanding of Internal Revenue Code
- Strong problem solving and creative skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analyses
- A self-starter with a results-orientation
- Prepare variety of tax returns and financial statements for entrepreneurs
- Research and consult on various tax matters; utilize tax-related software to prepare returns and research tax matters
- Become familiar with all procedures and programs necessary for the completion of client financial statements, payroll, and payroll taxes
- Maintain and continue developing relationships with clients, identify additional opportunities with current clients
- Manage workload for multiple clients with various deadlines and expectations
- Maintain professional attitude, behavior, and appearance
- Work with client management and staff at all levels to perform tax services
- Maintain good working relationship with clients to enhance customer satisfaction
Desired Skills and Experience
- CPA or CPA candidate
- Excellent interpersonal skills – ability to get along well with diverse personalities, tactful, mature, & flexible.
- Ability to operate independently on “self-managed” projects as well as function in a team environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills