Client Accounting Services Leader
An accounting professional since 2003, Jason brought his significant experience to the Cole Gavlas team in 2016. He is a partner and currently serves as the firm’s senior business advisor. In this capacity, he offers accounting, tax, and advisory services for small businesses in a variety of industries, including construction, manufacturing, retail, and professional services. Additionally, he is the go-to person in Kalamazoo for non-profit accounting services. Prior to joining Cole Gavlas, Jason spent more than 12 years with Ullrey & Company, Certified Public Accountants.
A dependable and hard-working professional, Jason is always glad to jump in and help wherever necessary. His personal service philosophy is simple: do whatever it takes. Jason credits his career success to his hard work and dedication.
Jason and his wife, Melissa, currently reside in his hometown of Kalamazoo, Michigan. Together they have two children, Ally and Drew, and one dog, Sara. Outside of the office, Jason enjoys spending time with his family and friends and being outdoors.
A few fun facts about Jason:
- His favorite hobby is bowling.
- He was the starting quarterback on his college team and was part of two conference champion football teams—to this day he is the only quarterback in Northwood University football history to win a playoff game.
- Jason met Melissa, his wife, while they were both attending Northwood University.
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- AICPA Non-Profit Practice Group
- Michigan Association of CPAs (MICPA)
- Construction Financial Management Association (CFMA)
- Cheff Therapeutic Riding Center
- Portage Education Foundation
- Westminster Presbyterian Church
- Financial Secretary
- Northwood University Accounting Network
- Northwood University
- Bachelor of Business Administration in Accounting (2002)
- 2002 Division II Scholar Athlete Award for the State of Michigan